Create this simple and cute unique ornament at home for Halloween this year. Do a group of 6 all with different faces and string them on a “vine” across a window for a fun sparkly look.
1- blank glass or paper mache ornament 67mm size
fine or super fine bright orange glitter
super fine green glitter or glitter blend
2- silk green leaves (look in the wedding favor aisle for these)
black acrylic paint
brown acrylic paint
Aleene’s Tacky Glue
Deco Art Sealant or Mod Podge
- Apply glue liberally to ornament with brush.
- Pour glitter generously over ornament, patting glitter down, spreading it and shaking off the excess.
- Apply glue liberally to the silk leaves and shake on green glitter and let dry, shaking off excess.
- Let glue dry- overnight is best.
- Seal glitter onto ornament with sealant or Mod Podge and let dry.
- Seal glitter onto leaves with sealant or Mod Podge and let dry.
- Using a small brush and the black acrylic paint, outline the jack o’ lantern’s face and fill in with paint.
- Once that is dry, paint the cap of the ornament (if there is one) with the brown acrylic paint.
- Twist the leaves around the wire hanger, letting the extra stem stick out. If using the paper mache version, skip to next step.
- Using the handle of a paint brush, twist the stems around it, making it a curly vine, just like on a real pumpkin.
- Glue the leaves down with a dab of hot glue to the cap or top of the ornament so that they stay in place.