In honor of the upcoming Valentine’s Day, here’s a quick and easy tutorial on a Valentine’s Day ornaments (rather inspired by) that you can make on your own. What really makes this ornament unique and pretty is the materials. Instead of using just any glitter or ribbon, pick something a little more funky in palette and texture. For example, we used ultra fine pearlescent glitter a textured metallic ribbon. Check it out!
You will need:
glass heart ornament
ultra fine glitter in color of your choice
6 inches of fancy ribbon
glue gun/clear glue sticks
- Brush the tacky glue onto the heart ornament, liberally and evenly.
- Sprinkle glitter on and spread around until it coats the entire ornament.
- Let glue dry, at least 2hrs or overnight.
- Once dry, coat ornament with a thin coat of sealant (this is technically optional, but it keeps glitter from going off.)
- Let sealant dry, about 2 hours.
- Heat up glue gun and make a bow in the center of the length of ribbon. Be sure to tie so that there the ribbon ends are long enough to wrap around the heart.
- Glue the center of the bow to the top of the ornament.
- Wrap the ends around the heart, applying a thin line of glue and pressing down as you go, securing it in place.
- Trim the end of the ribbon at a diagonal to give it a nice finished look.
Super easy, super pretty, just target more unusual color combinations and materials for the most unique ornaments!